As our community begins the healing process due to the recent wildfires, the safety committee would like employees to be aware of smoke damage in the home and how it can adversely affect your health and the health of those individuals we serve. Here are some tips on how to clean up smoke and soot debris after a wildfire has been in your area:

  • To remove soot and smoke from walls, furniture and floors, use a mild soap or detergent (1 cup household cleaner or chlorine bleach to every 1 gallon of warm water)
  • Always use protective gear when using cleaning supplies
  • Be sure to rinse surfaces with clean warm water and dry thoroughly
  • Be sure to change air filters in your heating/cooling systems after a fire; this will help prevent toxins from wildfire smoke from circulating in the air of the home

Please contact the maintenance department if any of the homes need air filters changed.