About Catholic Community Services
Catholic Community Services is a non-profit, faith-based organization. Founded in Salem in 1938, today CCS offers 12 programs across 10 Oregon counties and serves more than 5,000 people each year.
We operate with fidelity to the Principles of Catholic Social Teaching, which call us to work for the common good and to serve our neighbors who are the poorest and most vulnerable.
Our vision is a world where children, families and adults have the knowledge, ability and desire to take control of their own lives and live responsibly with others in a just society.
Our services are offered without regard for anything other than people’s needs, dreams, and willingness to do everything they can for themselves. We serve:
- People with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Children, youth, and families facing adversity
Our values of love, justice, truth and freedom guide us to safeguard the dignity of all people, to embrace their giftedness, and to focus on their dreams and aspirations.
To achieve our mission our programs focus on four key outcomes.
The people we serve will:
Enjoy safe, stable, nurturing relationships
Maintain good health
Possess the knowledge and skills they need to succeed at whatever is important to them in life
Attain financial self-sufficiency
Dedicated to providing the highest quality services, trauma-informed care and research-based practices, CCS is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Child and Family Services, Behavioral Health Services and Group Living Services.
Our Service Commitments
- Nonviolence – helping to build safety skills and a commitment to a higher purpose.
- Emotional Intelligence – helping to teach emotional management skills.
- Commitment to Social Learning – helping to build cognitive skills and create a community of social justice for all.
- Democracy – helping to create civic skills of self-control, self-discipline, and administration of healthy authority.
- Commitment to Open Communication – helping to overcome barriers to healthy communication, learn conflict management, reduce acting-out, enhance self-protective and self-correcting skills, and teach healthy boundaries.
- Social Responsibility – helping to rebuild social connection skills, establish healthy attachment relationships, and establish sense of fair play and justice.
- Growth and Change – helping to work through loss and prepare for the future.
- Self-Determination – helping to exercise control over life decisions and the services wanted to meet needs.
Read the stories of people in your community being helped. See all our stories.
Bob Weber Bob Weber, President of Blanchet Catholic School, has joined the Catholic Community Services Board of Directors. He has been working in education for 30 years, all in the Catholic School System. Bob was the 3rd President of Blanchet from 1997-2010. He left...
The Catholic Community Services (CCS) Board of Directors has appointed Joshua Graves to lead the 80 year-old Salem based social services agency after Jim Seymour’s retirement in January 2020.Scott Wiegal, CCS Board Chair, said the board and administration have been...
There's still time to invest in the new CCS Pooled Income Fund, which creates income for your lifetime and the opportunity to strengthen families, many who are facing adversity such as housing instability, hunger or raising children with special needs. Investors will...